SOFTWARE PRODUCT MANAGER (M/F/X)
Position still open
As part of the De'Longhi Group’s IoT team, you bridge the technical and business worlds as you design the compelling consumer experience. You'll work with people from Engineering, Product Marketing & Communication, After sales, Strategic Partners and 3rd party vendors. You are action oriented and can break down complex problems into steps that drive software product development.
As a Software Product Manager you will help shape the future of De'Longhi Group’s IoT/Smart products and ecosystem. You will support the business, both short and long term, by exploring the IoT universe (i.e. technology evolution, UX/UI landscape, consumers’ trends and competitors’ initiatives) with the objective to select meaningful, actionable and distinctive ways to leverage on new technologies.
Define new and improved user experiences “IoT-enabled”, which can provide relevant/tangible benefits to our consumers and ultimately will add real value to our products.
Support the definition and execution of De'Longhi Group’s IoT strategy, including core value proposition, connected eco-system and products/platforms development roadmap, in line with Group’s guidelines, strategy and objectives.
• Environmental Analysis:
o To establish deep understanding of the IoT universe. Investigate and perform comprehensive analyses of new/emerging technologies, innovations, competitive landscape, stakeholder ecosystem and trends shaping an industry;
o Benchmark key competitors’ IoT initiatives/experiences and services;
o Conducts or supervise the research around ideas and synthesize the findings into actionable insights.
• Ideas Generation & Concept Development:
o Explores IoT/Smart product universe to create compelling product, service and experience value propositions that are desirable for people, viable for the business and technically feasible;
o Structures and conduct concept generation, concept road mapping, and ideation exercise around identified features and functionality;
o Collect and evaluate customer needs, insights and behaviours. Translate the needs/insights in to digital/software features and experience requirements, in order to develop new products and to enhance existing products;
o Integrate usability studies, customer feedback, research, and market analysis in to product requirements to enhance customer satisfaction at all touch points, and achieve De'Longhi Groups’ strategic objectives.
• Roadmap Definition & Software Product Management:
o Define the software features and functionality roadmap in relation to IoT ecosystem, connected product ranges, mobile applications and evolving user interfaces such as voice user interface;
o Prioritise new software features against roadmap and work closely with our Product Marketing, Engineering, Development partners, UX Designer and Developers to bring new software product to life and build experiences;
o Manage the development and improvements of mobile applications and voice user interface experience supporting the physical product;
o Write feature specs that streamline the development workflow and ensure our users’ needs are met;
o Write user stories and work with development team to implement and release features;
o Position software features and craft compelling end-user messaging for the highest impact;
o Builds connected user journeys to support defining and articulating the product story, unique selling points and competitive advantages to product marketing, digital marketing and communication team;
o Contribute to the mobile App architecture definition, illustrating design ideas with storyboards, wireframes, flow diagrams and interactive functional prototypes.
• Stakeholders Engagement:
o Supports individual brand’s product category teams to define the connected product experience and eco-system specifications;
o Communicates and champion the experience delivered by IoT platform and ensure key stake holders’ buy-in;
o Supports cross functional teams to deliver the agreed plan for IoT/connectivity platform development & roadmap;
o Closely liaise with De'Longhi Group’s digital marketing team and ensures that there are synergies with other digital platforms and tools within the business -in terms of data aggregation, data visualisation, user touch points, user journey and marketing automation;
o Supports subsidiaries, create and develop market–specific plans for launch of the connected platform;
o Monitoring & Continuous Improvement;
o Drives for continual product improvements by refining and testing, and deliver a result that exceeds quality expectations;
o Defines, monitor and analyse metrics for launched product functionalities and feed learnings back in to product development process;
o Improve our product analytics to generate insights.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science (or) software (or) digital technology discipline (or) an equivalent experience;
• 2-3 years of experience in software product management and/or software product development.
• Deep knowledge and understanding of the Internet of Things/Smart product landscape supported with relevant experience;
• Strong user experience/design sense, with a record of building great software products;
• Technically savvy: we don’t expect you to code new features but you’ll be able to understand the value, complexity and trade-offs involved in software development;
• Written feature specs and/or user stories for mobile application and digital products;
• Managed and prioritised a roadmap and feature backlog;
• Conducted and coordinated user research;
• Proficient in articulating and advocating ideas, concepts and features to cross functional team;
• Articulate and persuasive in English;
• Competent in Microsoft applications (e.g. Powerpoint / Excel).
• Previous exposure in building connected product eco-system and app experience;
• Experience in end-to-end product management in software/web application/mobile applications;
• UX/UI design experiences a plus;
• Knowledge of Interaction design software (Adobe Creative Suite, Principle, Sketch, etc.) is a plus;
• Coding competences in create interactive prototypes of App with XCode, or Android Studio;
• Familiarity with consumer products and technologies;
• Experience working closely with cross-functional teams to define product strategy and roadmap, and craft positioning;
• Experience working in an agile environment.
Skills, capabilities, competencies:
• Ability to cope with a fast-paced, changing environment;
• Ability to work collaboratively and effectively within cross-functional teams;
• Confidence to dive in and learn new solutions and processes without a lot of assistance;
• Competent, convincing and confident public-speaking and presentation skills to all levels and to large groups;
• Results driven;
• Strategic focus;
• Patient and resilient;
• Ability to travel globally;
• High level of numeracy;
• Flexible and forward thinking.